Friday, April 8, 2011

Sleep training by Brooke Stone part IV

Is it possible for it to get worse before it gets better? YIKES. Last night was VERY tough. I'm exhausted. Jake isn't a sleeper. So far, he got 2 things from me.

1. Allergies
2. Light sleeping or the ability to survive on minimal sleep.

Hmm. Well, perhaps we've been co sleeping for such a long time that it's going to take time to break him of this habit? Anyhow, here is the schedule of what went down tonight.

4:30pm he was so tired he passed out. Grant put him in his crib. I freaked out... WAY TO EARLY TO SLEEP! He woke up at 5pm and we played, danced, sang, and even watched a little Yo Gabba Gabba. He started getting sleepy again... probably because of his lack of naps during the day. I keep this kid active. You would think he'd want to take naps. I moved dinner up to 5:45pm. The entire routine was done by 7pm. I put him down awake. He rarely falls asleep on me. He began to scream. I went downstairs. Grant walked in the door from Basketball. Tag it was his turn. Finally after 45 minutes, he was asleep.

9:45pm he woke up, and Grant went in rocked him back to sleep. Jake woke up again at 11:20pm. I fed him and put him back. He woke up again a few hours later and put himself back to sleep. 3:30am he woke up, I fed him, and then fell asleep with him on the futon. AGH. I'm just so tired. I woke up at 5:30am, put him in the crib where he slept for 10 minutes and woke up screaming. I went and got him and put him in our bed. Grant's cell phone went off at 6:30am waking all of us up. So, there's the story. Jake has only had 1 nap today. I had to drive him all the way to Irvine to accomplish this. I'm going to work on one more nap since it's already 3pm. Maybe a solid 45 minutes? Who knows.

Wish me luck tonight. Hoping to start getting sleep sometime soon.

I'm a sleep mama Stone.

3 comments:

  1. Girl, it will take a really long time to figure it out. Emery didn't sleep through the night until she was 16 months, adn we still don't have a perfect nap/night time schdule. But, each day we make it work. And, it's hard too when one parent travels because it does mess with the routene.
    Sounds like you're taking it day by day and doing the best you can, which is pretty much the best thing you can do. Hang in there, he'll work it out.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on not sleeping. Addison slept through the night for the first time a day after her 1st birthday. Even now she still wakes up, and to make matters worse, she doesn't take naps anymore. Ugh! She never acts cranky or tired, so she definitely survives on minimal sleep, but it drives me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So tough! We go through that type of pattern every few weeks and it will ast about a week or so. Try to stick to the same routine, for example, if Stella wakes up at 1 or 2 a.m. we let her cry. This is really hard but I read that every time you pick them up it sets them back in the sleep training. I don't nurse or bring her to our bed until 4 a.m. or after. Text me if you are up!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs