Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Weekly doctor blogging

Today I'm 38 weeks and 5 days. We went to our last OBGYN appointment.  I was having some contractions last night but the doctor confirmed that I'm still 1 cm dilated and 90% effaced. If I would have been 4 cm dilated we would have had Jake today. But, lucky me.... we will wait until Thursday. We went over and signed some paperwork in regards to the procedure, got details on what to expect the day the cesarean, and also talked about what still needs to be done. Tomorrow morning Grant is taking me to the hospital have my blood drawn, take a urine test, sign paperwork, and pre-admit me.

We are as ready as we can be! Grant got his T-dap shot, and I will get mine postpartum. We have the baby room all set up upstairs, and downstairs we have a glider, swing, and pack and play all set up. My parents fly into town this Saturday and will be here to help us. So excited to see them as well! It will be nice to have my mom by my side to guide me through becoming a mother. This is their first grandchild! :)

I want to thank my husband for being so wonderful these last 9 1/2 - 10 months! He has been very supportive, caring, and loving. I can't believe the time has come... we are going to be parents! Grant is going to be a terrific dad! I can't wait to start another chapter in our life together. The Stone family becomes 3!

Thank you all for your supportive words and advice. I appreciate it all. I will post a little something tomorrow after my pre-op appointment and perhaps my last picture as a pregnant woman!

Grant and I will be updating our blog with news and pictures of our little man! So, definitely check back later.

Love and cheers,
Brooke

1 comment:

 
site design by designer blogs