Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Fun-day!

What does Sunday Fun-day mean to you? This personally has changed over the last few years, but it still remains my favorite day of the week.

When I was single my girls and I would bike ride along the coast (usually involving champagne), go wine tasting, catch up on movies, TV, laundry, sleep, and our weekly gossip (not in any particular order - ha!). When I met Grant it meant, sports, friends, traveling, wine tasting, sleeping in (yes... I can hardly imagine what that is like now), relaxing, and just enjoying each other's company (again... just examples).

Sunday Fun-day is quite different after you have kiddos. It's even better! We get up in the morning, get ready for the day, and go to our family breakfast. After breakfast we either go shopping for things we need or want, and come home to plenty of sports. Then we take it outside! Jake plays on many of toys and plays on his swing set outside. We play until the little guy starts heading towards the door. Then we come in to shower and get ready for dinner. Relax as a family and watch TV. We then put the little guy down and head to our room to relax and get ready for another week.

It's not always just like that... but, the weekends are family time. I have such wonderful weeks staying home with Jake, and playing with my mommy friends, but when it comes to the weekend it's time for our little family to hang out. Everything we do we can do with Jake. Whether we go to Long Beach State games, travel around locally, go out to eat, hang out with friends, go to church, etc. It's our time to bound. It's what I look forward to all week. Jake loves to play with his dad! He loves to play with me... but, play is so different between a father and a son.
CSULB basketball game on Saturday night.
Well, since it is Sunday... this blog is taking away from our relaxing husband and wife time. I shall post some pics from our weekend and close down for the night. I hope you all had a great weekend!
Playing a little basketball
Jake's new car! He loves it!
Playing the guitar in the garage. He's a musical little dude.
On his swing set! 
Laying ON the cat! haha.
Getting ready for his ride in the radio flyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs