Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas in Boise!

My camera arrived, and I have downloaded the pictures I took over our Christmas vacation. We had such a fun time! We spent about 10 days there. I swear it seems like we're there only a short week. Jake was loved on the entire time we were there. He was so spoiled. He followed Dylan everywhere! Dylan is the best. He played so much with him. And when Dylan's friends would come over they'd all play with Jake too. He was so happy to be playing with the "big boys".

This was the first year I'd spent in Boise over Christmas without snow. It was cold, but not too bad. There was snow one morning, but it quickly burned off. The boys were able to play golf a few times, and us girls were able to get our coffee's, massages, lunches, and even some shopping. It was nice and relaxing.

We went to a nice church service and even went back and met with our pastor there. Pastor Tom is great! It was nice to catch up and tell him all about what we've been up to. We even talked about dedicating our next son over the fall. It's nice to have someone to talk to about things that are going on, and have someone pray with you. I just wish we could attend his church more regularly. Who knows what the future will bring, right? ;)

Well, after those 10 days, it was time for us to head home. Grant needed to get back to work, and I needed to get myself and Jake back on track. After spending that time with my family and seeing Jake play with another boy, I'm so excited to have my next son. I know that the 17 month age difference will be hard, but I know that they will be best friends. I'm so happy to be having another boy. I love watching him play, and get into things. The exploring is so exciting for him... it makes me a little nervous at times... but, I'm never too far away.

Thank you mom, dad, grandma, and Dylan for making our trip so fun! It was one of the best Christmas's to date! In fact, this year as a whole has been so fun! Every holiday just gets better with having kids and a full house. Thank you each and every one of you for making 2011 so memorable. Cheers to a new year full of blessings!

Here are some pictures of our trip:
 My dad gave him a few gifts to open on Christmas Eve.
 The family came down to this... my mom is so talented! She needs to be an event planner! Maybe we'll do something in Boise next year??? ;)
GORGE!
 Our family of 3... or 4 actually! 
 Getting help with all of his presents.

 Jake got so many toys! I had to leave most of them... and ship the others!
 Silly boy.
 Jake was so spoiled by his grandparents!
 Hugs!
 On way to a family breakfast in downtown Boise.
Our favorite... GOLDY'S.
 Grant and his boys.
 Pop Pop and Ya Ya with Jake.
 On a walk around the city of Boise.
 Pop Pop carried Jake everywhere!
 Inside the Capital of Idaho. My stylish little dude.
 My little brother Dylan. Isn't he cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs