Monday, November 21, 2011

23 Weeks

This pregnancy seems to be flying by. I remember with Jake each week too forever! I read every book I could get my hands on and worked on my registry like it was a second job! jk. ha ha. Now, I'm just going along with the flow. I know I'm so busy with Jake so I don't have much time to think about what's going on. I am keeping my eye on the prize. That's my due date! ;)

So far, I've gained a total of 5 pounds, and I feel good! Just tired. I'm not much of a sleeper, and when I'm pregnant I wake up for a few hours in the middle of the night. I'm usually up around 2am. I have good nights and bad nights with sleep. And the heartburn is back. So, does that mean the wives tale will be true with baby #2? Will he have a full head of hair as well? ;)

Baby number 2 is measuring 2 weeks ahead! The due date is a true date as well. I went in when I was only 4 weeks, so my doctor isn't going to change the date. So, either my little man has either had a growth spurt or he's going to be a big one! Either way I pray for a healthy baby boy!

On Saturday, Grant said he was going to take me out. He asked what I wanted to do and I told him jokingly, "I'd like a massage". Well, the first stop on our night out was Burke Williams. My favorite local spa. We went in for massages, and then we went to one of my favorite local restaurants, Mahe. I ordered lots of cooked rolls, and even had a veggie roll. It was for sure one of my favorite dates we've had! So relaxing! It was awesome. I appreciate my husband so much! He always does little things like this to make me happy! Oh... and I've been sleeping through the night since Saturday. Looks like I need to make sure I'm getting pregnancy massages every month...  (hint hint babe). ;)

I'm eating lots of Thai/Chinese, Mexican, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. When all less fails I eat the peanut butter and jelly. Chicken is NOT something I want with this pregnancy either. I drink lots of water and cranberry juice! I LOVE CRANBERRY JUICE! And the sweets. Oh the sweets. I've been doing a little browsing on Pinterest and found some great recipes. So, I will continue to make the things that look yummy!

Jake has been such a wonderful little guy! He's getting so big. When I hold him he's half the size of me. When Grant holds him... he still looks like a baby. I love being a mom. I can't wait for my second son to get here! I know it's going to be crazy with 2 boys under 2, but I'm looking forward to the challenge. I have a feeling that Jake will be an excellent big brother!

Here is an updated picture of me. I wore this dress when I was 6 months pregnant last year! Next week... I'm 6 months! I can almost start the count down!
Cheers,

1 comment:

  1. the 17 month difference is nuts for the first year!! my kids are now 2 1/2 and 14 months and i love it; glad i did it. they were supposed to be 18 months apart, but i went into labor early. it's so great to see them be babies together! (seriously the beginning is so hard, but it's worth it)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs