Thursday, November 10, 2011

Month of thanks... week 2

Today I'm thankful for my grandmother. A woman that has been another mother to me. If you know me... you know that I talk to my grandmother about 10 times a day. I have since I was a little girl. I can always count on her at any time of the day to pick up and talk to me. She is an amazing woman. I love her so much.

My grandmother has always believed in me. She's always in my corner. She was one of my biggest supporters for my figure skating career as well. Going to the ice rink at 5am and then taking me right to school... for so many years. 
 
Growing up my grandma was always over. A few times a week. For sure every weekend. I looked forward to seeing them, and when I was really young I would cry when they left. I was so lucky to have grandparents that were so much a part of my life. 

I remember so many days in college, that my friends were going out and I decided to go over to my grandparents house to spend the night. My grandpa would make my favorite meal (meatloaf and a baked potato), and we would all chat for hours. Watch a little TV, and pass out. It was the best. I miss it. I miss my grandfather. I miss their house. But, at least I know we're only a phone call away. :)

My grandma doesn't go online so she wont read this blog post. However, that is why I'm writing her a letter thanking her for my 31 years of love and support. I love her so much and am so fortunate to have her in my life... and my children's lives. 
I thank God that I have grandmother that is healthy, and very active. She came out to help me when Jake was 8 weeks old. Grant was away traveling, and I'll never forget Jake started crying like crazy. I was doing everything I could, and he wouldn't stop. I was exhausted from many sleepless nights. My grandma took Jake from me, sat in my rocking chair and rocked and sang to him. He fell asleep immediately. I was shocked. I was so happy that she was there. She slept in the room with Jake and I while Grant was away. We had such a fun time together. Going to lunch/dinner, hanging out at our house, and watching movies.

I'll be seeing her this Christmas, and I can't wait for her to see how much Jake has grown since she's seen him last. My mom and grandma came out for Jake's first birthday in September. Jake is 14 months, running around, and such a big boy! I have to send a picture of Jake to my family every day... If I forget to send one, they ask!

I'm sending my grandma's card out tomorrow morning. She isn't expecting it, and I know it'll make her smile. I'm so lucky to have her in my life, and I love her very much. 

1 comment:

  1. having met you grandma, i can attest that she is a fantastic woman! you are so very lucky to have had her in your life so much and for so long! i only wish you could've met my grandma...she was hilarious...you would've loved her!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs