Sunday, November 6, 2011

Month of Thanks... week 1

Last year I did a month of thanks every Thursday before Thanksgiving (I know it's Sunday... but, I moved and just got the Internet hooked up today). This year not only will I blog about my week of thanks, but I will send a Thank you note for each blog post. Who doesn't like getting personal mail? I think it's even more sincere then text messages, facebook messages, and emails. This is a nice way of showing my appreciation.

Grant and I have had another great year. We have a lot to be thankful for. Not only did we celebrate our son's first birthday, but we found out that we were expecting again!

The person that I'm sending a card to this week is a very special person to Grant and I. I am going to send a thank you card to our pastor in Boise, Idaho. When Grant and I go to Boise we attend my parents church and make time to see their pastor. Pastor Tom is very special to Grant and I. He married us in 2009, prayed for us and even counseled us before we got married, dedicated our son Jake, and continues to pray for my family. He is a Godly man. A wonderful father, and a dedicated Boise State fan. ;) Pastor Tom is someone I can talk to and ask his advice. He is knowledgeable and dedicated to Christ. I look up to him and his devotion to our Lord. 
Our wedding - April 18, 2009
Shortly after Grant and I got married, I was told I might not be able have children. I was told by a doctor that I had been seeing for over 10 years. I was devastated. After finding out I had poly cystic ovary I saw Pastor Tom. I told him what the doctor had told me and I asked him to pray for Grant and I. I started seeing another Gynecologist (one that is also a friend) and I started taking Glucophage. A diabetic drug. Once I started taking that along with my thyroid medicine (my new doctor had also discovered that I had hypothyroid) I found that my body made it's way back on track. I was pregnant a week after I saw our Pastor and after taking the medicine properly. 

I called Pastor Tom immediately! Tears of joy. We prayed. I prayed. He continued to pray for us. After I had Jake and we came back to visit my parents I brought Jake into meet our Pastor. 

Over the 4th of July I knew we were taking a trip to visit my family and this trip Grant was coming with me. Grant and I talked over and over about who and where we would have Jake dedicated and the only thing that made sense is that Pastor Tom should do it. The man that married us, prays for us, and knows us personally. I called Tom 2 weeks before our trip and he said he'd love to dedicate our little man. WE WERE THRILLED! 
Later that trip we found out that we were expecting baby #2! What a miracle. Children are God's gift to us. Pastor Tom was alerted of baby #2 as well! 

We will be making our way to Boise for Christmas and I can't wait to attend Church on Christmas Eve. I've been going to Christmas there almost every year for that past 6 years. Cloverdale Church of God is a wonderful place that I can call home when I'm in Boise. I just wish we could go there every Sunday! 

Thank you Pastor Tom for guiding us in the right direction. For restoring our faith in times of weakness and being there for all the blessings that come along the way. I'm truly grateful for what you do and how you touched my family. You are a wonderful person and I can't wait for you to dedicate our other son in 2012!

Appreciation and many thanks!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family and a gorgeous dress...
    I am a new visitor and follower via Crazed Fans...
    doreenmcgettigan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful man this Pastor Tom!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs