Friday, June 18, 2010

28 weeks

I'm now 28 weeks (as of yesterday). I'm 7 months, and officially in the 3rd trimester! 

I'm very excited I'm starting the home stretch of my pregnancy! I have been feeling really good. Although, I have serious heartburn on a regular basis. I eat Tums like candy. I have found that Tums smoothies are actually really good! Thank goodness I enjoy eating them... because I eat about 4 a day.

I don't think my cravings aren't too weird... even though Grant thinks they are. :) I think it's because I'm usually a very healthy eater, and rarely eat red meat! But things have changed in the Stone house. Jake really likes All-American foods. Very different from what I usually eat. I ate ethnic food (Greek, Mexican, Indian, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, etc) pretty much at least once a day. But, if I eat anything spicy the heartburn will keep me up all night! I always seem to want red meat, but I force myself to eat chicken and turkey because I know it's better for me. I love cheese (any kind BUT mozzarella), ranch, milk (only 1% organic), fruit (pineapple, cherries, apples w/low fat caramel sauce,  grapefruit, and Mandarin oranges). Really into sourdough toast with cream cheese, and pretty much any carbohydrate! CANDY. Oh man... I LOVE CANDY! I NEVER ate candy before... or even thought about dessert at a restaurant. In the beginning I really wanted ice cream. Not just any ice cream... Rite Aid's ice cream. The flavors I was into were: Mint and chip (on bottom - or else I wont eat it), and rainbow sherbet on top. Or butter pecan on bottom and rainbow sherbet on top. Now I have NO craving for that. I like Yogurtland. :) It's funny how quickly I burn out on things. 

Here's an updated picture of me. I'm looking pretty big these days...
Cheers,
Brooke

2 comments:

  1. you eat way healthier than i ever have or ever will! and i could probably LIVE on YogurtLand... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute! I definitely craved Blue Cheese, in moderation of course. They say that when you crave something when pregnant, a lot of times it is because your body is lacking something. I don't know if I believe that though! Lol! Enjoy the final stretch of your pregnancy. From here on out is where it ALL changes!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs