Monday, July 12, 2010

Babymoon vacation

Grant and I just got back from our "babymoon" to Pismo Beach, CA. I left Long Beach around 11 am on Friday and drove to Beverly Hills to pick up Grant from a case. Then around 12 pm we headed up to the central coast. We had lunch in the valley and before we knew it we arrived to The Cliff's Resort. When we arrived we received our package of "goodies" for our baby makes three package.

The weather was a little chilly which is weird for CA in July... but, it was so nice. We had a great room over looking the ocean. The first night we dined at the hotel's restaurant and came back to the room to watch a movie. We made it about 20 minutes into the movie before falling dead asleep! Saturday we woke up, had breakfast at our hotel's restaurant, went to our couples massage (which by the way I had my first massage pregnant - AWESOME), and headed up the coast to Morro Bay. We spent the morning/afternoon in Morro Bay. We shopped, We ate at a really good restaurant on the bay, and even went to an aquarium where Grant fed the seals (I made Grant fed them because I didn't want to touch the fish).  When we got back to Pismo we headed down to the pool for a few drinks. I really enjoy the virgin Pina Coladas! That night we went to an amazing Italian dinner in Pismo, and after went back to the hotel to watch a movie again... This time we finished it! We ordered ice cream to the room and relaxed. Sunday we woke up, checked out, and headed to Starbucks! We got on the road and made our first stop in Solvang. I used to go to Solvang as a child with my grandparents and get danish bakery items... ie. COOKIES! :) And as an adult we would stop there for breakfast before we would go wine tasting in Los Olivos and Santa Maria. After we left Solvang we headed back down the coast to Camarillo so we could shop at the outlets! We got some good stuff too! :) And then we ended our trip at a Greek Cafe in Camarillo. They had the best taziki I have ever had.... bold statement... I know. They gave me the recipe, so I might try making it!

Overall we had such a wonderful trip. It was nice to spend this time together and relax. We were able to reflect on our relationship, and plan on the future for our baby boy. Grant even got a card for Jake's baby book and wrote a note for Jake to read when he's older. Growing up my mom would write me notes all the time. She would leave them in my lunch box as a kid, on my bed as a teenager, and now through the mail as an adult! I think they're so important because you can write down your feelings and share them later. I thought they were very special as a child and I want to do the same for our children.

Here are some pictures from our trip:
Morro Bay outing:
A VERY hungry seal at the Aquarium! Grant enjoying feeding the performers!
Back in Pismo: A few pictures before we left the resort, and right after our dinner! 


Solvang: At my FAVORITE bakery... Olsen's.

Love and Cheers,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs