Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Asher - 6 months - update on sleep training.

It's so funny how different two little kids can be. Jake was a challenge to sleep train, but once he got the hang of it... he's been an amazing sleeper! Asher has done very good right out the gate. He is now going to be at 7:00pm, and waking at 5am, and then back down until 7:30am. Every once in awhile he will wake at 1am as well... If he does, I feed him, change him, and put him back down. Soon, I will get rid of that time slot completely. But, at this point I'm so thrilled with out easy it was.

We are now working on naps. He generally gets tired in between 8:30/9am and then again around 12:30/1pm. The awkward time he gets sleepy again is 4/5pm. Trying to figure out what to do with that time. Usually if he takes a nap it's only about 30/45 minutes so I just let him sleep when he's tired. 

He's such a happy, easy going little guy. He loves to pick up and play with anything that Jake has next to him. He loves his big brother. And Jake is such a good big brother. Very gentle. Very sweet.

Asher is 6 months and is doing great! He's a big boy. Completely solid! He's wearing 18 month clothes, and still wearing size 4 diapers. He has a doctors appointment next week, so I'll post his stats then.

He's sitting up, eating baby food, and still on breast milk. He doesn't like bottles. A little strange for me, because Jake didn't care what he was getting, as long as he was eating. Asher seems to be picker with that. Yesterday, I was running errands for Jake's birthday party and I had to come home right after, because Asher wouldn't take a bottle. He screamed until I got home. HMM. That would mean that I can only leave him for 3 hours at a time. Looks like I might need to start the bottle training here and there. ha! ;)

Here are some pics of my little guy.



Grant's brother Renzi has been in town for surgery on his back and foot, so we have been able to spend some time with him. Lee Anne also came into town for a few days as well. It was so good having them here. They have spent lots of time with our kids and us, and we were even able to do an adults dinner out in Newport Beach. Jake has been running through the house screaming, "Den Zi". He is going to be sad when his uncle leaves. When Lee Anne left, he asked a few times where she went. I tried to explain it... but, he had no clue what I was talking about. Two year old's don't get the distance! ha! Guess this means more trips need to be planned to OKC. :) I look forward to seeing them again! 
Asher grabs the puzzles too!
He makes me smile!
My boys getting ready for our walk. Jake was over my picture. He just wanted to get there so we can play! Notice how big Asher is? He's almost as big as Jake, right? Too funny!
Night out with Grant's brother and sister in law.
My little 6 month old! :)
Jake's birthday is this weekend! I can't believe my baby is turning two! I have LOTS of decorations I'm working on... His theme is POCOYO. His favorite cartoon! It's the only thing he'll actually watch for more than 10 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs