Thursday, July 26, 2012

Asher - 5 months old

What a week! This has seriously been a tough one over here at the Stone house. Let's start with since we got back from Boise. SICKNESS HAS HIT US HARD. Every time we travel on a plane! This week I had Jake sick with croup, double ear infection, cold, and even teething. Yep. All at once. Poor little 22 month old! Then... it went to Asher. Just the cold thank goodness! I did everything I could to keep things sanitized, etc. Then me. COLD. UGH! Anyhow, we are all on the mend. When you have a cold, a sick toddler, and a sick infant, it gets crazy. And this week, Grant worked quite a few early mornings, and nights.
Even sick... my little guys are adorable. Makes it all doable. :)
Asher's sleep schedule is a little messed up right now. He sleeps from 8pm until about 12am. Then he eats... back down until 4am... and then up for the day at 6:30am. Hmm... The doctor not only thinks he's growing, but he also might be teething. So, sick kids... sick momma... no sleep... crazy week, right?

Well, Grant has been a huge help. He always is... but, this week even more help! He has been so busy with work, and he still comes home and helps me. The last couple of nights he sleeps with the bassinet in the den. He brings Asher to me to eat, and then rocks him back to sleep. At least giving me a good stretch in between. Our goal with this is to wean one of the night time feedings. I would really like to have him fed before I go to bed, and then in the morning when we wake up.... but, baby steps! The joys of breastfeeding is that it processes quicker... causing them to eat more! AND MY BIG BOYS EAT!!! HA! When Ash hits 6 months we will work on the sleep training. I think we will try the setting him into the crib rather than the bassinet trick. Jake NEVER liked the bassinet... so, we are better shape there!
It has been a tough week. But, we survived, and are looking forward to enjoying our summer again!
Asher turned 5 months old! What a cutie pie. Even when he wakes up to eat in the middle of the night, I enjoy holding him. I enjoy the time we spend together. It goes so quickly. I noticing it more with my second child.
Asher John, 1-5 months:

Happy ALMOST Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs