Friday, April 6, 2012

Asher: 5-6 weeks

Asher is 6 weeks today. And since I'm making this his baby book, I want to make sure I'm keeping this as updated as Jake's was. Jake's baby book (my blog to book) came in the mail last week. It's great! I can't wait to give it to his wife one day... :)

I have already used Jake's as reference to see where he was at Asher's age. So helpful! I'm so glad I took the time to blog all of this! 

So, what's been going on the last few weeks...

1. He lifts his head VERY high. He's lifted his head up since I gave birth... just like Jake, but I have to tell people to be careful or he might bang is head against yours, etc.

2. He's about 12 lbs or more (he gets weighed next week). At 4.5 weeks he was 11 lbs, 2oz. 

3. He's still in size 1 diapers. However, I'm looking into 1-2 or 2.

4. He's wearing size 3-6 month clothes.

5. He's sleeping 3 - 4 hour stretches at night. Mainly 3 so he can eat though! 

6. He eats every 2-3 hours during the day.

7. I'm starting to give him more bottles since he's hit the 1 month mark. I always gave him bottles here and there... but, as busy as we are over here... I have no choice. I don't think it has made him more gassy.

8. He's still ONLY breastfed.

9. He's one gassy little dude. I notice his gas and fussiness is a little worse at night (lucky us). he he

10. I'm still hyperlactating... hoping that gets better soon. I'm assuming it will... just like with Jake. It started getting better around week 8. I can do it! ;)

11. He's very alert when he's awake. Less sleeping during the day over here. I've figured new ways of keeping him awake. Swing, tummy time on his play mat, laying on his tummy (on a blanket while I'm in the room), etc. 

12. He sleeps in his bassinet next to us at night.

That's all I can recall as of now. He's starting to like the bath... he's isn't the biggest fan of diaper changes, and sometimes spits up during them. I make sure to change him before or an hour after feeding. I wish I would have had this particular layout for Jake's book. That way I could have skimmed it rather than re-read the entire blog looking for info. :)

Here are some pics from weeks 5-6:
Pops and Cine came into town last Saturday and left on Wednesday. It was nice having them here. Cine gave Asher's his baths and loved on him. She even grabbed him one night when he was REALLY fussy! It was nice to sleep while she held him. Grant and I both got a few more hours of sleep! Thank you for all of our help and the kiddos presents! Come back soon! :)
Ash relaxing while Jake and the big kids play outside. Mommy play dates are the best! Love having this group of women to talk to... and for our kids to play together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs