Wednesday, September 7, 2011

San Diego Weekend

Over the weekend Grant and I went to San Diego for Kevin and Samantha's wedding. Grant was a groomsmen. I went back and forth for about 6 months what I was going to do. Bring our babysitter down with us or leave Jake in his home comfortable. I've been using Michelle since Jake was 4 weeks old. She is a professional nanny and also my best friends cousin. I'm totally comfortable with her, but not totally comfortable without my sidekick Jakey poo. Michelle and Grant convinced me that it was better to leave Jake in his own home to play and do his normal activities rather than take him to a hotel for 2 days. Jake has stayed in hotels, but never without me. Grant thought I wouldn't have any fun if Jake was with us because I'd still want to spend all my time with him. I think he would have been right. We decided to keep Jake back with Michelle for 2 days.

This was Grant's and my first trip without our little guy. On the ride down I was really nervous and uneasy, but by the time we got there I was better. We were busy the entire weekend. Grant and I had so much fun! It was so nice not having to worry and have to get back by a certain time. The wedding was gorgeous and it was fun dancing with our friends! 

There were times I just sat down and didn't have to move. I know, what is that? I didn't have to do anything. All I had to do is get myself ready... at my own pace. I was able to hang out with the wives during the day to lunch and shop. 

San Diego is beautiful. I can't wait to plan a trip next summer for Jake so he can play at Legoland, Sea World, and the Wild Animal Park! I missed my little man, but it was nice spending alone time with Grant. Grant and I do go on date nights, but never overnighters. One day we even slept in until 8am!

I'm so glad we went and spent some alone time. It's so important to put each other first even though that's hard to do with a little munchkin! I feel fortunate for a wonderful husband, beautiful healthy boy, and good friends. 

Here are some pictures from the weekend:
On way to the rehearsal dinner.

View from the rooftop at the venue

The other side of the venue.




Boys will be boys.


1 comment:

  1. Gosh, you guys look amazing. Great pics!
    ~Christina
    theblogentourage.com

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs