Sunday, August 24, 2014

Unbelievable day.

I can honestly say that today God was watching over my family more than usual. I have been crying off and on all day. I have thought about posting this and thought about NOT posting this. But, my blog is my journal of our lives. And this was a huge event that I'll never forget. So... here I go...

Today started out like any other Sunday. Got up, dressed, fed, and out the door for Sunday service. All was normal. After our amazing service today, I went to get the kids. Grant stayed at the auditorium to buy a book from the speaker we had today (a former Navel Seal). I got Jake, and then we went to pick up Asher. We went to get Grant, and met up with some friends. I told Grant to stay and shake hands with the speaker while I played with the boys outside. 

As I was walking out the boys where walking in front of me. I noticed they started to pick up the pace so I did too. Pretty soon they were running... I wasn't running... but, my pace was close to. I had my VERY high wedges on and was keeping up... until... they started running really fast. 

I first yelled out, "STOP!!! ASHER, JAKE... STOP!!!" Jake stopped in his tracks, but Asher didn't. He looked back and thought we were now playing a game of chase. All would be fine if we were playing at the park... but, not at church. Not at church next to a busy street. 

I began to run. I noticed that Asher turned left and started heading toward the street. I threw my purse, diaper bag, and everything I had on the ground and full on sprinted. Asher put his feet unto the street, and there were cars that started to honk at the oncoming traffic to alert them (thank you to the angel in the black SUV), I leaped onto the street... even though I saw the red extended cab truck headed towards me! Arms out, and I swooped up Asher. I ran back to the sidewalk. I hit the ground. Shaking. Asher in my arms. 

I can't even type this without sobbing. Not just crying. Sobbing. To think I was walking behind the boys... to think I'm always watching... to think I could lost my child's life (and I guess mine too)... I know I didn't. I know God gave me a gift today. God gave us another day. This may sound dramatic. But, it was. When I walked back up to the church courtyard, there was close to a hundred people staring. I couldn't stop shaking. An elderly lady that was close by commented about how fast I was running, and how close I was following. And then one of the pastors walked up and I gave him the biggest hug.

I know I always say that life is a gift... and that we should be thankful for everyday... and I am... But, next time I'll say it... I'll mean it even more. I have been non stop hugging my boys all day. I already bug them as it is. BUT I CAN'T STOP. 

Parenting is the toughest thing I have ever done. I've never loved so deep, and worried so much. When they say, "I'd jump in front of a car for you... or I'd take a bullet for you..." It's all true. 

When we finally got to the car I started balling. I almost threw up. I was shaking and crying. I told Grant I've never been so scared in my life. I've never been so thankful as well. 

After we got home I finally calmed down a little. We had lunch, played, and all the normal Sunday actives. Then I got a call from my mom. My grandma has been having complications from her surgery. She isn't feeling well, and is in lots of pain. She had back surgery (that took 6 hours last Thursday), and hasn't had any relief. I called her immediately and talked to her for over an hour. It seemed to make us both feel better. She's hoping for more answers as to why all the pain when she sees her doctor tomorrow. 

I pray for her health. She is so very important to me. It's so hard seeing our parents/grandparents get old. We have always been super close. I wish I could do something to help. I hate living so far from the people that matter so much to me. 

What a day. As I go to bed tonight... I pray. Tonight, I'll pray longer and harder than usual. I'll start out by being grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs