Tuesday, February 7, 2012

34 weeks - Doctor Blogging.

Today, I went to my every 2 week appointment. Everything looks good. Blood pressure is good, I haven't become swollen yet, and overall feeling pretty good. The downside of pregnancy for me is definitely the heartburn. I have it pretty much all day. I refuse to take anything but Tums. I only have a few weeks left, right? I've made it this far... I can do it! ;)

My belly is starting to feel really heavy, and I starting to actually sit and rest here and there through out the day. I'm not a napper, but I took my first nap during this pregnancy this week. Yesterday, Jake took a 2 1/2 hour nap, and for about 45 minutes after I cleaned the house and got cleaned up, I shut my eyes. It was so nice! I was so refreshed when I woke up. Jake's naps are from about 11/11:30am to about 1:30/2pm. So, I manage to get lots done during that time. I can accomplish most things when he's awake, but I like to spend that time with him instead of cleaning or prepping for other things. I think going forward I will take some of that time to sit and rest.

My doctor checked to see if I was dilated or effaced today. I was complaining a little about the pressure so she wanted to check it out. Sure enough I'm about 20/30% effaced. No dilation. Head is really low, in fact she could actually feel his head! This is still VERY early. My pregnancy with Jake was the same way. If I continue to progress the chances of a successful VBAC are much greater! They don't induce and they rarely let you go past your due date. I went into labor at 38.6 weeks with Jake... The day before my c section. :)

In 2 weeks I go to see the Ultrasound Tech that specializes in the babies measurements. We need to start monitoring how big he is or how big he is getting. Today I was back to 34 weeks pregnant. 2 weeks ago I was measuring 2 weeks ahead. So, this will be the most accurate way of finding out. The next day I will see my regular doctor to go over the size and do my 36 week check up. After that... I go weekly! 

CRUNCH TIME! I can't believe I've made it to the home stretch. I'm so thankful for all of my good friends, and family that have supported, and encouraged me during these times. Grant has been amazing, and I'm so happy to have a husband that is so hands on. Jake has been the most wonderful little man loving on me and making me smile all day long. Seeing his smile and his laughter makes me want more of these blessings! I'm so happy and fortunate to be able to add another family member to this growing family Grant and I are creating.

Here is what I'm looking like these days:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs