Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What you can do to help! Hair drive 2011!

Have you ever thought about donating your hair for a good cause? Are you currently looking to donate hair? Can you grow hair fast and are interested in donating it?

I first donated my hair for locks of love in 2008. I always knew my hair grew fast and I wanted a change... so I thought why not donate it!?

Well, I have a very close girlfriend that has Alopecia (Wikipedia.org - Alopecia). She went from doctor to doctor trying to get answers, took medications, had shots directly to the scalp, etc. Nothing can stop the hair loss. Sometimes the hair grows back, and then other times doesn't. She lost her hair back in 2007, and it started to grow back. Right before her wedding in 2009 it started falling out again. Now, she doesn't have any hair. She wears wigs. She went from having long goregous hair to losing it all. I want to start out by saying how incredibly beautiful she is even without hair! Not only beautiful on the outside, but beautiful on the inside! She is one of the kindest women that I know. While she was going through all of this she has told me how much wigs cost. They are SO very expensive for real hair. I felt so bad for her. Not only losing your hair, but having to spend thousands on wigs. So, I decided that I should help her. I decided to grow my hair again and donate it to her. 

There is a wig company in Newport Beach that makes custom wigs. They need about 3 or 4 people to create an entire wig. The hair length needs to be between 12 and 13 inches. I already have another girlfriend that is also going to donate her hair. Now, we have 2 people... I thought since I have so many wonderful women that follow and many of you maybe interested! If you are interested, please contact me at donateforwigs@gmail.com.

I wanted to post this video. It's Miss Delaware Kayla Martell. She also has alopecia.
Kayla Martell

Hope to hear from you!

Brooke 

3 comments:

  1. Good for you, that's a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done locks of love before too! such a great idea. Too bad mine isn't long enough to do it again

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart absolutely sings! I love you for doing this!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs