Sunday, January 2, 2011

Jake's first Christmas

I haven't blogged in over a week! Apparently Verizon has been down all over areas of California. However, our neighbors are just fine... Makes me wonder what is really going on. Hello... CA has severe storms? Well I guess this weather has been extreme for us. Anyhow, our Internet seems to be working tonight so I will try and catch my blogging friends and family up to date.

First I want to start off by saying I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years! Christmas Eve I always start getting a little sad knowing it's almost over. All that preparation and then... OVER. But, then knowing a new year is approaching and that we can all strive to be better and do more in the upcoming year is uplifting. Right?

Well this year we had Christmas in little ol' California. With Jake only being 3 1/2 months we weren't planning on going anywhere. We usually spend our Christmas in Boise. This year my husband surprised me with bringing Boise to me! :) So, it was Vicki (Grant's mother), my parents, my grandma, my brothers Dylan and Marty, Marty's wife Ashley, Renzi (Grant's brother), his wife Lee Anne, and their son Jackson, My uncle Phil, Aunt Audrey, and my cousins Bryan and Mitchell. Phew. It was a pretty big Christmas.

Vicki got into town a few days before Christmas, and my parents got into town on Christmas Eve. I made sure I had the refrigerator packed and Christmas decorations up. And that was challenging enough with a newborn. Ren, Lee, and Jackson got into town on Christmas afternoon. Marty, Ashley, Phil, Audrey, and the boys stopped by before dinner.

It was a packed house. We only had one breakdown. So, I think that's pretty good right? Grant, Jake, and I got lots of great things. Jake of course got the majority of things. I had ordered a box full of presents off Amazon (again... a little challenging getting to the mall with a newborn in the heat of Christmas shopping) and I couldn't find the box anywhere. In fact, I still can't find the box. I have searched high and low. I'm a neat freak so I know where everything is and everything has a place. The box had to have been thrown away. I'm so darn sad. One of the presents in that box was Sophie. Sophie the giraffe. This is our second one. The first one went missing and now the second was thrown away. Grant has told me I can reorder what was in the box if I stop complaining about it. Or stop talking about it in general. haha.

Well with all the food my mom cooked this week/weekend and lack of exercise I am back on a diet. AGH. I have been doing so good too. Oh well. It was the holidays! I enjoyed myself.

Here are some pictures of our Christmas. I will be blogging more this week... hoping my internet stays up and functioning.
Christmas Eve
Christmas morning
My gift within a gift ;)
Daddy with J
Cousins
Uncle Renzi and Auntie Lee Anne

Pop pop (my dad) with J
My uncle Phil and J.
Auntie Lee Anne put me right to sleep
Grant and Dylan
Thank you for all coming and making our first Christmas with Jake special. We are blessed. 

Cheers,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs