Tuesday, January 11, 2011

4 months

Our Internet went back down and is still down... how am I typing this? I'm at Starbucks. I took a walk with Jake and brought my lap top. Verizon says that the state of California is under a state of emergency and that is why we don't have it. Um... I live in California... there is NO emergency. The weather is mild like usual and it's not raining nor snowing. Verizon... you suck. Ok, now back to Jake.

My little man turned 4 months on January 1st. He's off the charts ladies and gentlemen. He's in the 90% percentile in weight and 95% percentile in height. So, he's 27 inches long, and 17 pounds. He is now wearing 12 month size clothes and I'm starting to buy 18 month sizes. He is now rolling from front to back and back to front. He grasps things with both hands and is always checking out the scenario. Smart boy. Happy boy. The only thing he isn't doing.... SLEEPING IN HIS CRIB. He still sleeps in our room.
I started sleep training... And I don't like it. I have several books. Baby Wise, Happiest Baby on the Block, Baby Whisperer, etc. I tried the Ferber method. My little guy just doesn't sleep. 2 nights in a row I let him cry it out.
Night 1: Cried 1 hour straight. Went in there... sweaty, red, screaming baby. Done. Back in my room with me.
Night 2: Cried 1 hour straight. Picked him up... then did the Ferber method. Laid him back down... he screamed. Went in after 5 min, then back at 8 min, 11 min, etc. For about an hour. Back in my room.

Mommies, how long did your babies take? What books did you like and what part? Or are they still in your room? My little guy doesn't tucker out! He isn't a napper either. More like a power napper. ha!

Hope everyone is doing well! Blog again soon!
xo Brooke
4 months
Big boy
NYE with the Levenshi (annual holiday together)

4 comments:

  1. We did babywise...but we also put Julianna in her crib from the day we brought her home. We did not do the bassinet. Just a personal choice we made... SHe was sleeping through the night by 7 weeks. We are schedule people so we needed to get her on a schedule and it worked. (Yes I know you want to strangle me lol)... I think the hard part is, no matter what you decide to do, it is not instant. It takes time to get them into the routine you want to have and it takes patience. Keep trying different things... maybe a Lovey to fall asleep with will help? If you keep trying, something will take. Hang in there. It does happen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haye listening to him cry- don't you?! It's way harder on the parents :)

    No advice for you- he's still in our room

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke -
    Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time with this. I know it's no fun. I am sure you read my blogs on Owen's sleep training. If not, we followed the Sleep Easy Solution by Sleepy Planet. Took 3 nights (1 hr 20 mins, 25 mins, then 0 mins respectively to fall asleep). I am sure if you wanted you can reread my blogs. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great blog, happy to follow. Please check us out as well, if you like us then hope you can follow :) Have a great Sunday!


    http://adventuresofaminnesotamom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs