Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy HEART Day!

I love this day more than most. I have ALWAYS loved this day. Even as a child. It wasn't about if I'm in love with someone... it's about LOVE in general. My mom made this day about us. Her showing love to us. I looked forward to all the thoughtful things my mom did for us. we spent time as a family. Quality time.

Now that I'm a parent, I hope to do the same for my sons. I love my boys everyday. We even do fun stuff everyday. I'm home with them... annoying them all day, I'm sure. ;) But, on Valentines Day, I want to show them an extra special day of love for my family.
I like to make breakfast, and give presents (mainly learning or art activities). Then Jake goes to school, and I get Asher all to myself. After school and naps, we do the activities that I bought them from earlier. Tonight, Grant will pick up one of our favorite family restaurants and we'll eat at home. Mellow, fun, yummy, and amazing because we are together. Tradition. 5 years and counting Grant and I have picked up take out here and have eaten it at home. WINE. Grant and I will drink fabulous wine, and play with the kids.

Then tomorrow night, it's all about Grant and I. Date night. We date every Saturday. I look forward to it all week, and I get butterflies with the thought of dressing fabulous, and going out with the most beautiful man I know. He is generous, loving, loyal, a great dad, and husband. I'm a lucky girl. I love dating that man.

So, there you have it. This is what Valentine's is for me. I don't want flowers. I want time. I want love. I want my boys.

I hope everyone has a great day, and feels love somewhere.

Here are some pictures of my love muffins.
My 3 1/2 year old.
 My almost 2 year old!! SERIOUSLY... 2 in a week and a half. I. CAN'T. HANDLE. IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs