Monday, May 24, 2010

Jake Bowman

Dear Jake,

There is so much I want to tell and teach you. I know your still growing and not ready for this world yet, but I wanted to write a letter you can read later about this time in your parents life.

I had a dream about you last night. I saw you. You were perfect. You looked like your daddy. You had a strong chin with a dimple, blonde hair, and blue eyes. I was holding you in shock thinking that I was actually your mommy. I woke up and actually thought you were here. I couldn't be more ready for you.

Your daddy and I had a tough last week. Your cousin Isaiah passed away last Monday. It was heartbreaking. Isaiah had epilepsy. Your aunt and uncle tried everything in their power to try and help or heal Isaiah. The Lord was ready to take His son home. Jackson (Isaiah's older brother) asked to touch my stomach last week and it warmed my heart. He said he wants to meet you. This year you will meet him. He's getting so big! Your uncle Renzi, and aunt Lee Anne are very strong faithful people. They have been an inspiration for your daddy and I. They have been so strong through Isaiah's sickness and his passing. We are all Christians. We believe that God has a plan for all of us. A scripture that I read reminds me that we are all God's children. "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD." Samuel 1:27-28. We will all see Isaiah again. He is waiting for all of us in Heaven. 

You are my gift from God. After your daddy and I got married I thought I would get pregnant right away. But, I didn't. It took 6 months. I found out I had poly cystic ovary syndrome, and hypothyroid. With taking proper medications for those syndromes I was able to get pregnant. I didn't know I was pregnant until I was about 7 weeks along. I couldn't believe it. I wasn't feeling great and had extremely bad heartburn (which I still have... wives tales say if you have heartburn while pregnant your baby will have a full head of hair...you should come out with a ponytail!). Dr. Lowe called to check on me and told me my symptoms sounded like I was pregnant. Your daddy ran (literally) down the street to the store and picked up a test. I took it.... walked away and figured it couldn't be the positive. I went back a few minutes to check it... and there it was! POSITIVE!! I ran into our bedroom and showed your daddy. We were so excited! I text our doctor with the picture of the test and asked if it was true! Dr. Woodson said it was! Your daddy and I then went to the movies and I made him buy me another test... just to be certain!

Your grandpa and grandma Spellman are SO very excited to meet you too. I can't wait for you to meet your grandparents. They raised me to be strong, loving, and loyal. I hope to teach you everything I learned from them. Family is everything. You are Greek, German, Irish, English, and Ukrainian. Mainly Greek and German from Mommies side. Your great grandparents are first generation to America. Your grandma will be here when your born. My parents live in Boise, Idaho. Your great grandma also lives there. She already loves you as well! Your great grandfather passed away in June of 2006. He was like another father in my life. He is in Heaven with Isaiah now. They will be your guardian angels. My brother Dylan is 7. He called me a few months ago and told me that he prayed for you to be a boy.... and that God answered his prayers. He will teach you many things and protect you as you grow. I also have another brother. His name is Marty. He is married to Ashley. They were there when we had the ultrasound to find out your gender. He was so excited. He will be a big part of your life. He lives just an hour away. My brother is one of my best friends. Uncle Marty, and aunt Ashley will be there when your born.

Aunt Ginny (your father's younger sister), and uncle Dave live in Washington DC. They will see you this holiday season. You will love them! Jackson calls your uncle Dave, uncle Diddy. Can't wait to see what you call your aunts and uncles. Your grandmother Stone is also excited to meet you. She will also be coming out after you are born to meet you! Your daddy looks just like his mommies side. I chose your first name, but your middle name is your fathers middle name. Bowman. Your middle name is your grandma's maiden name. Your father looks a lot like his grandmother Bowman. Your daddy is a lot like his father. Grandpa Stone and his wife Marcine will be coming out to see you this year as well. They are all strong, loving, and affectionate people. You will be loved by so many!

Your daddy is so strong. He is loving, compassionate, caring, loyal, and sensitive. He already loves you with all his heart. He will teach you to fish, hunt, play sports, and much more. He reminds me of my sweet grandfather. You are in good hands little man!

I love you so much honey, and I count down the days until I can meet my sweet little boy. I can't wait to see you grow and teach you everything there is to know about this life. God has truly blessed your father and I. We love you so much and pray for your health everyday!

Love,
Your Mommy

3 comments:

  1. That was so sweet! Thank you for sharing!!! Little Jake has so much love from your family! I love seeing how God works in our lives and its truly a blessing to see it in yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this letter, thanks for sharing it with us. You are an a amazing woman and will be a wonderful mother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was beautiful Brooke! You are going to be a great mommy! And yes it is true about the heartburn! I had awful heartburn!!! Only a few more months until baby Jake is here! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs