Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Decorating for Fall.

Fall is one of my favorite seasons. I loved it as a child, and I love it as an adult. As a child it meant shopping for school clothes, and school supplies... plus getting back to school (I know... I really liked school). And as an adult it means, cooler weather (although not today), favorite shows back on, football, family birthdays, and .... MORE HOLIDAYS!

Growing up, my mom would always decorate the house for EVERY season. When I was a kid I thought it was pointless. Her spending hours making things, and putting things up. Then, I got older. And I do the same thing. I LOVE TO DECORATE. So, with more limited time I decided to make a holiday wreath. I don't like the ones I've been seeing. I went to Michael's today for another project (that I'll post later), and I decided to make my own.

I bought the following:
1. 1 plain Wreath ($4.99)
2. 1 spool of ribbon ($2.39)
3. 2 sets of fall colored flowers ($3.49 + $3.49)
4. Glue gun (already have - took about 3 mini sticks)

Total: $14.36

 And viola! Made in about 5 minutes (made during Jake's afternoon nap)!
What do you think about another project? Project that a few of us girls go to Michael's and head back to my house for a "decorating" party? Making things for our homes? Let me know what you think!

Happy Fall Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs