Saturday, June 6, 2015

It's a....

We found out last week after my results came back from my NIPT. The NIPT is the noninvasive prenatal test they offer to mom's of advanced maternal aging. Yep. I'm 34, turning 35, 2 months before the baby is due. So, that means I'm considered advanced. If I hear one more doctor or nurse tell me or joke, I might scream. Women have babies later in age. Must you call us advanced? My mom had Dylan at 40. Now I can respect what she went through! ;)

Anyhow, I decided to take the first trimester ultrasound and the NIPT. Everything came back great, and low risk. The test tells you if there are some chromosomal abnormalities and even tells the gender of the baby. So, it was confirmed by 99 percent accuracy that it is a female. A healthy baby girl. :) The ultrasound tech made a prediction on the gender while I was there also (This was at 13 weeks). She predicted a girl also. I had a feeling this baby was a girl as well. But, after having 2 boys, I figured we were having another boy. However, that is NOT the case. Our little girl is well on her way.

I still can't believe it. I look at Grant every day and say, "we're having a girl." He always smiles and gets excited too. The boys said from the start they wanted a sister. Asher came into our room one morning when Grant was getting ready for work, and he told Grant that he wanted a sister. It was so sweet. They are so excited to be big brothers.
The bump at 14 weeks and 4 days. It definitely popped out a lot fast this go round!
Stayed tuned! It's time to prepare for our little girl!

2 comments:

  1. Aw you're having another baby and a sweet, little girl!! How blessed is your family! So happy for your Brooke!

    Love, Stephanie Sentelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! Hope your doing well. Miss you at Moms!

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs