Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Asher's 2 year appointment part 1, and sick babies.

For the last few days the boys have had runny noses and a cough. Jake's cough worse than Asher's. Low grade fevers as well. Yesterday, Jake threw up in the afternoon... but, no flu like symptoms. I think he was running hard, and then he started coughing and threw up. I kept the kids separate just in case (seeing that I had a 24 hr bug on Saturday).

Then this morning around 1:45am, Jake came in with a raspy cough, and a fever of 102. I gave him something for his fever, and let him sleep with us so I could watch him closer.

This morning I was scheduled for Asher's 2 year old baby well appointment. I decided to bring both boys in... just in case. Asher had a temperature of 100 at the appointment so they didn't give shots today. So, I'll have to bring him back when he's better for that.
Jake on the other had sounded wheezy. The doctor was concerned that if he didn't have a breathing treatment, some sent home for me to give him, and back tomorrow for another breathing treatment and check up... he could potentially get pneumonia. She said he had a spot that she didn't like and wanted to be a little more aggressive to prevent anything. SCARY!

He's acting pretty normal, but I just didn't like the fever last night. SO glad I brought him in.

Asher's ears had a good amount of wax, so the doctor attempted taking it out. Asher, wasn't having it. Took 2 of us to hold him down. She finally said, there isn't an infection at this point, and to watch the fever. If it continues she'll try to look in his ears again. Hopefully, it just passes (the cold), and I can bring him in next week for shots.

Jake has never had a breathing treatment. It scared him at first. But, he sat next to me, and I held it for him... he did fine. The picture below breaks my heart. Poor baby.
I was sweating the entire time. Holding kids down, wiping tears, and trying to console them was quite the challenge today. I always love how non-moms comment on moms that wear yoga pants throughout the day. When my kids are sick I wear workout clothes. Trust me... it's a workout... and you get dirty. Not going to wear my skinny jeans, and Louboutins. Sorry. ;)

Tomorrow we go back to check on Jake. I'm confident he'll feel better after I do 2 more treatments today. Praying for a healthier household!

AND NOW... The moment we've all been waiting for... The current stats of the Stone boys!

Asher's stats:
35 lbs, and 38 1/2 inches

Jake's stats at 2:
34 lbs, and 36 3/4 inches

Grant's stats at 2:
35 pounds, and 35 inches

My mom always says she can't believe how much my kids eat. They eat all day long. Growing boys. I love them so much! I just love seeing these little men grow!

OH! And Jake is currently (3 1/2):
40 lbs, and 42 1/2 inches. 

This by summer the boys can go on every ride at Disneyland with Grant and I? haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs